As people are travelling more to distant locations and seeking places with authenticity, it is increasingly important to connect the local uniqueness and easy-going interiors to the spaces of modern holiday resorts. Think about Cook-hotels in Greece or the hotels of Hospes chain in Spain. In these resorts, visitors are seeking modern atmosphere through the lense of locals. The trend in hotel decor is becoming more inspired by combining natural materials, hand made textiles and timeless, easy-going furnitures with a modern content.
When I got a brief from Levi Spirit holiday resort in Lapland to design it’s interiors with Bonden products, the most important thing was to find a way to help the visitors to sense the uniqueness of the nearby nature, silence and serenity through the textiles. To make the visitors feel relaxed and empowered during and after the visit and make them understand, that they are visiting a place which will leave unforgettable moments and memories.
In LeviSpirit Bonden hand made 100% Finnish lamb wool blankets are in every sleeping room and in the living room. Wool blankets can be even taken outside as a shawl when staying by the fireplace of the outdoor terrace. Bonden 100% wool felt cushions in different colors are placed in the sofa corners of LeviSpirit livingroom to make the interior cozy and functional too due to wool felt's healing properties. Just imagine returning indoors from the Nordic freeze, leaning your back on a felt cushion and feel your circulatory system liven up and warming you up.
100% wool was a natural choice to use as the main material of Levi Spirit interiors. It fits nicely to different spaces and it serves well different needs too. It is ecological, comfortable and breathable material, which has acoustic-, fire proof- and even healing properties. There is no better material than 100 % wool in such weather conditions as Lapland has.
LeviSpirit was chosen as one of the top 20 winter destination by Times Magazine.
The key factors of making Cozy and empowering hotel decor
- Use healthy and ecological materials
- Invest in timeless, functional and good quality furniture
- Invest in in direct lightning that can be adjusted according to moods of environment in different seasons
- Choose natural textiles, play with textures that has character
- Bring the local elements from the outdoors to indoors (stones, branches, piece of wood)
- Make few cozy corners to enjoy the space (close to the fire place, close to the window with a view, a soft corner in the sleeping room or in the sofa etc.)
- Encourage visitors to stay outdoors as much as possible to get empowered by the nature
- The natural-and hand made textiles can inspire the senses and make the visitor feel good; being empowered and aware of being part of the nearby nature